The Goodyear Tyre & Rubber Company has launched a new pan-European business called Goodyear Proactive Solutions that offers a suite of demonstrated Vehicle-To-Fleet operations management solutions featuring advanced telematics and predictive analytics technology.
Using intelligent computer algorithms, a wealth of data derived from Goodyear’s extensive commercial tyre and service business, and clear, accurate reporting, the solutions allow fleet operators to precisely identify and resolve tyre-related and potential safety issues before they happen.
It enables fleets to monitor their vehicles and tyres in real time, affording them a competitive advantage whilst helping to increase their profitability and operate more sustainably in a rapidly changing environment.
“We are witnessing a transformational shift that is reshaping commercial trucking. In a digital economy, consumers and businesses expect deliveries to be faster, cheaper and more flexible, and in response the industry is becoming increasingly connected and automated. Goodyear Proactive Solutions offers fleet managers a one-stop, user-friendly solution to help reduce their total cost of operations and improve the uptime, efficiency and sustainability of their fleets,” said Michel Rzonzef, Vice-President, Commercial Business, Goodyear Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
Goodyear successfully designed and developed its industry-leading fleet management solutions in partnership with commercial fleet operators over the last two years, resulting in:
· increased fleet efficiency by avoiding up to 75% of tyre-related breakdowns
· reduced total cost of operations by cutting fuel costs up to 300 Euros per vehicle, per month and decreasing tyre maintenance costs by up to 70%
· improved carbon footprint by using around 10% less fuel
The new business offers two families of services to enable smart, safe and sustainable mobility:
· Proactive Tyre offers a broad range of services including tyre pressure, temperature and tread depth monitoring. These connected and fully automated solutions enable fleets to maximise tyre performance and schedule proactive maintenance.
· Proactive Fleet includes two options, Driver Behavior and Track & Trace, which help fleets to reduce fuel consumption and journey times while increasing safety.
“Goodyear Proactive Solutions enhances our role as a key commercial fleet partner by combining the latest digital technologies and data services with our existing fleet support systems and industry-leading TruckForce service network, which serve the largest pool of commercial vehicles in Europe (more than 350,000 registered vehicles) through over 2,000 service partners across the continent. Our innovative solutions are fully compatible with all commercial truck tyres, allowing every fleet owner the opportunity to benefit from these new connected fleet management solutions,” added André Weisz, Managing Director, Goodyear Proactive Solutions.
Goodyear Proactive Solutions is now available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Further additions to the portfolio of applications are in development for introduction in 2017.